Saturday, July 25, 2020

Saturday 25.7: Intervals

Saturday. Intervals, every 4:00 for 32min: 30 cal row, 6 hpc @ 2x25kg db, 6 press @ 2x25kg db

I spent the morning with our twins as Pauliina was organizing baby shower type of action to one of her friends. We were supposed to hit the track and field with these little dudes but weather threw a curveball as it started to rain. Luckily we got a friend meet with dads and kids. After we got the twins for a nap, it was my time to shine at the gym.


Here's one extra round after the workout 


Intervals.
  • Every 4:00, for 32min (8 intervals)
  • 30 cal row
  • 6 hang power clean @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • 6 push press @ 2x25kg dumbbells
Damn my legs and arms are still a bit shaky. This got to the core of humanity. Focus was to do strong strokes, recover on the way back and then hit another strong stroke. That 30 calories was about 400 meters, at least as I checked it on the first interval. I wanted that row to hurt instead of pacing it through. Making the dumbbell work suck a little more.

On paper the number of reps on the dumbbells was small but I knew it's gonna hurt. And it did. After rowing it was repulsive to grab the dumbbells. So after I brought them down I needed to catch my breath for a while after every sprint. And there was enough rest time to recover for the next interval. If not, it would have become an amrap or something alike. This combination turned out to be perfect for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment