Monday, July 20, 2020

Friday 17.7: Crossfit Kehä with Toni

Friday. Crossfit Kehä with Toni

Like you'd let a kid in to a candy store. This time I brought my oldest daughter with me as she is very sporty and likes to play around at Kehä as well as at our home gym. And basically where ever she can find the possibility to do so. Made her a path of boxes, plates and such. She also played with the rings, ropes, kettlebells and dumbbells. In the meanwhile, I got a chance to hit it with Toni.





Barbell work.
  • Every 30 seconds for 5min, perform 1 clean and jerk @ 70kg
  • Every 30 seconds for 4min, perform 1 clean and jerk @ 75kg
  • Every 30 seconds for 3min, perform 1 clean and jerk @ 80kg
This was completed as a solo piece. One lift every 30 seconds. We kept the weight the same for 5 minutes, then added some load and continued the same way for 4min, and finally the heaviest load for 3 minutes. I felt very stiff in the Morning and couldn't mobilize optimally so I had to stay conservative on the lifts to maintain good form. But lifting was rather smooth on those weights.





Pair wod.
  • 20 rounds as a team, alternating:
  • 1 rope climb
  • 3 power clean @ 80kg
  • 7 handstand push-ups
This was interval work. I started the workout, went through the first round of rope, cleans and hspu's, then it was Toni's turn to do his part. It took between 40 - 45 seconds on my part to complete one round. I checked the time in the beginning, in the middle and the last round, and it remained the same every time. To be precise it seemed to be something like 42 seconds mostly. Rounds were awkwardly similar to each other.

It was awesome to get my hands on a rope. It's been ages. I once had a 7.6m long version from Rogue but I kept it outdoors and it didn't like that treatment. Finally I had to ditch it. Anyway, I don't have a proper place to hang it so I have accepted the fact that I can't climb high at home. I recently bought a shorter one for the kids to play with, and am waiting for that one currently to arrive in the mail.

None of these movements were easiest / toughest but it was the overall burden that started to mount during those intervals. I was able to maintain the pace throughout the workout though.




Accessory.
  • Emom x 12min
  • Odd, ghd sit-ups
  • Even, skierg
This was the aftermath of the workout. The second piece was some sweaty business so we charged up for a while and then hit this gem. I went something like 20 ghd sit-ups per round, and didn't check the calories / meters on the skierg. Just hit it.





No comments:

Post a Comment