Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Tuesday 7.7: Power cleans, run

Tuesday. Build up to a heavy single (100kg). Every 45sec for 20 lifts power clean @ 95kg. Wod, 5 rounds of: 10 power clean @ 60kg, 400m run.

It's been raining for couple of days on and off but mostly the weather has been moist in many ways. Today I checked the forecast and it told me it's gonna be dry in the afternoon. It was time to get that gym matt to the drive way and lift some weights!





Barbell.
  • Build up to a heavy single on power clean (60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100kg)
  • Every 45 seconds, perform 1 power clean @ 95kg, for 20 reps
I began the session my just lifting power cleans. It may sound like a little thing but it actually is a major aspect if you can drop the barbell. That allows me to go after heavier weights and it also allows me to go touch'n'go from the ground also on barbell cycling. I have pretty much all the conditions at my home gym like I'd like them to be. I'm only missing rope climb and ring muscle-up stations and I have to carry some stuff to the drive way if I want to drop the barbell.

Anyway, I kept adding some weight on the barbell and ended up taking 100kg for today's max on the power clean. Then I kept doing power cleans for an emom workout (or actually one lift every 45 seconds) for a total of 20 reps. I was bold and took 95% of my day's max load and just kept grinding with that weight. It definitely wasn't a walk in the park but I still got those reps in the bank as planned. Very proud of being able to go for such relatively heavy weight.







Wod. Time, about 13 min
  • For 5 rounds of:
  • 10 power clean @ 60kg
  • Run 400m
I needed some more barbell cycling to finish the session. Modified the weights to suit this type of workout. I wanted the stimulus to be so that I could knock those reps unbroken, and then head straight to running the home street up and down for that 400 meter stretch. And when I come back from the run I don't have to lean elbows on my knees. Those rounds were very equal, it was 2.34 - 2.35 per round. Couldn't be more steady pace. This was a great workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment