Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tuesday 21.7: Pull-ups, Push-ups, Jumping lunges

Tuesday. Wod, 50-35-20 reps of: pull-ups, push-ups on parallettes and jumping lunges.

Today's main focus was purely on one thing. Breaking the current record of unbroken pull-ups. It stood at 41 reps from some years ago. I wasn't in a war zone mentality but managed to pull out a personal record anyway.




Wod. Compare to 26.2.2014
  • 50-35-20 reps of:
  • Pull-ups
  • Push-ups on parallettes
  • Jumping lunges
So I took some warm-up and mobility the same way I do every day before jumping on the pull-up bar. Nowadays the actual warm-up basically happens during the workout. For example today I didn't do a single pull-up prior to the workout itself. Well anyway, I jumped up and started moving. It took me sub one minute to complete those reps. It went pretty smoothly all the way up to 39 reps. Then I had to complete the remaining amount of reps as singles with a little pause in the bottom. My left hand's grip started to fail me and it was hard to hold on to the bar.




I'm very happy over this accomplishment. It was like hitting a wall once I came down. I mean it was tough to get those 7 more reps to finish the first round. Following with 50 push-ups on parallettes, and my upper body was blown. Finished the round with 50 jumping lunges, which by the way seems to be a bit underrated movement. That bit my quads a lot.

After the first set of push-ups I thought I ain't gonna do another pull-up / push-up. But lunges took the focus from upper body to lower body and somehow that recovery from upstairs gave me more energy to hit more pull/push movements. Did the set of 35 pull-ups as 20 - 10 - 5. And the last set was 20 unbroken pull-ups.



No comments:

Post a Comment