Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Sunday 5.7: Bar complex, Row, Pull-ups, Burpees

Sunday. Bar complex: 2 press + 2 jerk + 2 split jerk. Wod, 1.000m row buy-in, then 10-1 reps of strict pull-ups and burpees, then 1.000m row cash-out.

Body was feeling tired but that usually doesn't bother once I get going. I remember being exhausted just before the row / hspu workout couple of days ago but after the first 50 calory row I had my eyes on the prize. I'm usually very stable performer but I got to say today's effort was not super cool.




Bar complex.
  • 6 sets of the following complex:
  • 2 push press + 2 push jerk + 2 split jerk
  • Barbell @ 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 70kg
Yeah, it looks okay written on paper. And I used to do a lot of different barbell complex or barbell cycling type of workouts but today the bar was heavy (even though it wasn't) and my joints felt stiff. Ultimately, it ended my neck being sore on those jerks. But something positive in this one. It's been I don't know maybe years since doing split jerks the last time. And it didn't feel that funny. It was somehow natural. Maybe all the repetitions I have done in the past years are still somewhere in my brain's memory.




Wod.
  • 1.000m row buy-in, then
  • 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
  • Strict pull-ups
  • Burpees, then
  • 1.000m row cash-out
I really don't know why in earth I would write strict pull-ups on a day like this where energy levels and strength is non-existent. Those were challenging from the first round on, and I probably didn't make any of those sets unbroken. Burpees and rowing were the only piece in today's workout that felt like they should. Should have just done those instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment