Monday, July 20, 2020

Sunday 19.7: Kettlebells

Sunday. Kettlebell work

Went to see my pops and stepmom for the day on Sunday. Järvenpää is the city I grew up and the town I call my home town. Spent 20 years there before moving to Helsinki / Espoo areas. Järvenpää has evolved a lot since those days and it's very pleasant town to spend summer days. Definitely recommendable to each and every one. Scenery is beautiful.






Originally there were text on the white board which said pull-ups / wall balls and burpees. I stepped outside and got fixated on the kettlebells. Started simulating in my head different versions of how I'd like to move those bells. Thought also about having two of those 2-poods in my hands simultaneously.




Wod.
  • 7 rounds of:
  • 20 kettlebell swings @ 32kg
  • 14 kettlebell presses @ 32kg
  • 20 reverse lunges @ 32kg kettlebell
This turned out to be ugly. I also tried snatches. Movement pattern was good and smooth but there comes a little too much friction in my palms which were kind of sore. Or the calluses were on the verge of tearing up so I didn't wanna risk that. So I went with swings, presses and lunges. I didn't time this one but the main principle was to do everything unbroken and rest between movements if needed. And it was needed.






In the beginning I figured going for maybe 5 rounds but somewhere in the middle it turned to 7 total rounds. I also realized it's not gonna be smooth sailing 'til the end. It was probably the grip burn on the swings and rather heavy "not that stable" presses. Lunges started to bring overall burden but those were tolerable.



No comments:

Post a Comment