Saturday, July 4, 2020

Friday 3.7: Row and Hspu

Friday. Wod, 50-40-30-20-10 of row calories and hspu. Time, 22.45

This turned out to be a sick one. My body was somewhat bruised and it surely didn't feel like it's time for an intense workout. Thought I'd just come outdoors, maybe row a little and just get the fluids moving. It turned to a massive hspu fiesta.




Wod. Time, 22.45
  • 50-40-30-20-10 reps of:
  • Row calories
  • Handstand push-ups
Okay, massive amount of handstand push-ups for me. Maybe not for everybody but 150 reps of hspu's is something I have never tried before. And somehow the endurance has improved on this movement tremendously because this type of workout and rep scheme would have intimidated me too much in the past but now it went by surprisingly smoothly. Plus the feeling afterwards was not intolerable at all. Not in the evening and not the next day either. That was weird. I was sure shoulders and triceps would burn.

First set of hspu's may have been somewhere around 25 reps. On the second round the first attempt was 18 reps. On the round of 30 reps it was 16 reps at first try. The round of 20 was 14+6, and the last round obviously unbroken. That means to say the first attempt each round was a decent one, and I took my recovery so that I was able to knock at least 8 reps per set (if there were 8 reps left in the set).

It surely was a positive point that doing this many reps of  hspu's was not an issue at any point of the workout, and I didn't hit a wall from where the recovery would have been very hard. Rowing was conservative at around 1:55 pace per 500 meters.





No comments:

Post a Comment