Saturday, July 25, 2020

Friday 24.7: Upper body smash

Friday. Wod, 10 to 1 reps of: push press @ 60kg and rope pulls. Accessory: curls, strict press and push-ups.

I bought a 4.5m rope from strengthshop.de which arrived today. Mainly for the kids to play with. Goal is to hang it on the pull-up bar so they can swing back and forth with that one. Emma likes to do all kinds of hanging, swinging and climbing type of stuff, and has had her hands on a rope multiple times in different places. I once had a 7.6m long rope from Rogue but I maintained that poorly outdoors and it got wet for too long time. Result was that it started to grow mold and I had to cast it away. Plus, I also don't have high enough place to have an actual rope climb station so this short one will do for now. I wanted to try it out also so it was essential piece of my workout.





Wod.
  • 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
  • Push press @ 60kg
  • Rope pulls
Oh man, the grip burn was unreal on this one. This sucked big time. In the long run it would be cool to being able to do legless L-sit climbs. That's pretty much the only way to do some sort of rope climbs on a pull-up bar. This time I tied the rope over my Yoke's horizontal bar and started each rope pull from the floor, and ended sitting back on the floor after pulling myself to a full standing position. I can't describe properly the nasty feeling on my forearms. It just felt like those went numb and it was like the barbell might fall from my hands had I grabbed it too early.




Accessory.
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 20 bicep curls @ empty barbell
  • 20 strict press @ empty barbell
This was copied straight from Noah Olsen. He told it's a great upper body pump to finish a training session. It definitely was so, especially on my shoulders. I did one round of each, then recovered a bit before going for the next round. Those last presses were challenging each round. Funny feeling with such a light barbell.


Accessory.
  • 150 push-ups
Some grunt work to finish the session. I did 25 reps on the first set, then mostly 15 reps per set to finish those 150 reps. Nothing beautiful, just pumping up and down to get more volume in.





No comments:

Post a Comment