Monday, July 13, 2020

Sunday 12.7: Lunges and pull-ups

Sunday. Front rack reverse lunges 7x3 up to 90kg. Complete 20 pull-ups between sets.

It was about time to hit some lower body. Back is feeling great again which delights me tremendously. No problems whatsoever. It was very dissapointing to have lower body pain for - I don't know - two months. Didn't track the time frame, that's just the first what comes to mind. Anyway, there were positive side effects. I focused a lot on upper body pulling and pushing through that time frame so my pull-ups and especially handstand push-ups developed to next level and now the confidence is good on those elements.




Workout.
  • Front rack reverse lunges 7x3 @ 60, 70, 75. 80, 83, 87, 90kg
  • 20 pull-ups between sets
  • Completed 30 pull-ups on the last set
Sunday's focus was on front rack lunges, stepping back and then back up. There were a total of 7 sets, and the last one reaching 90kg. This was probably the third time doing these for strength so I'm still learning what the loads should be. For today's action these seemed quite good.

There was a twist on these lunges as I wrote some pull-ups between sets. One 20 rep set after every set of lunges. I took all those sets unbroken. Wasn't gonna do anything else. On the last set I did some math and realized I'm at 120 reps after 6 sets. So there should be 30 reps on the last.one to get a total of 150 pull-ups No othet choice but to jump on the pull-up bar and try to hang on. It was tough but I managed to complete those.




No comments:

Post a Comment