Saturday, July 4, 2020

Tuesday 30.6: Reverse lunges, Front squat

Tuesday. Reverse lunges 5x5 up to 80kg. Fonrt squat 3x8 @ 80kg

It was time to squat. My back feels pretty much normal so there was no excuse but to hit some lower body strength. I Still thought thta it's better to do those in the form of lunges. I did these for the first time with my brother couple of days ago, and decided to continue on that path.




Strength.
  • Reverse lunges 5x5 @ 70, 75, 80, 80, 80kg
  • Front squat 3x8 @ 80kg
The floor matt on my gym matt is not perfectly balanced. It's built on top of Small rocks that are about the size of coins. Every rock is its own shape so that brings the little variation on the solidity of the "floor". I felt that on these lunges, especially on the heavier weights. Once your front foot is tilted even the slightest, that has an effect on the balance. At least for me as I am not used to do these heavier lunges in the front rack position. These weights were doable. Heavy'ish but doable. Decided to add the stakes by doing more front squats after reverse lunges.



No comments:

Post a Comment