Friday, July 24, 2020

Wednesday 22,7: Crossfit Kehä

Wednesday. Crossfit Kehä with Emma and Toni

Another awesome experience. I took Emma with me and headed to Crossfit Kehä with Toni. This time he also had his little fella with him. Onni is 3 years old whereas Emma is 4 years so they are rather close to each other and were able to train and play together. That allowed also the dads have some bro time together.





Barbell work.
  • For 10 minutes total work, as a team
  • 30 squat clean @ 60kg
  • 24 squat clean @ 70kg
  • 18 squat clean @ 80kg
  • Rest of time amrap @ 90kg
  • Result, 11 reps @ 90kg
Toni came up with these two first pieces from some competition, or qualification to a competition. Anyway, a lot of squat cleans to start the session with. It's a bummer I've had issues with my left knee. Or actually not the knee but the back side of that knee. When I squat it feels like there is some sort of pressure that doesn't feel great in there. Not painful but something not good anyway. The closest I can come up with is there's some sort of little inflammation there. It feels kind of tight when I go deep. That's the reason I haven't squatted in ages. Lunges are okay but squats haven't been a good idea.



Today I did more mobility in the beginning compared to a regular session at home. We were in no rush so I utilized that possibility. Squatting didn't feel great but it felt like it's not a problem today. After that 10 minute time cap the program said the next 10 minutes were dedicated to find 1RM in squat clean. I only took 95kg, 100kg and 105kg cleans, then called it a day on this one. My lifts usually look the same regardless how tired I am or how light / heavy the barbell is. This time I felt like I had to compensate the left knee's action with right side of the body so I didn't wanna go further with that one.





The actual barbell cycling went very well. We did all those reps as singles, at each weight. I was able to grab the barbell withing seconds after Toni dropped the barbell so I gotta be proud of the work put in.




Pair workout. Result, 13.35
  • As a team, complete 60-50-40-30 reps of:
  • Push jerk @ 50kg
  • Toes-to-bar's
This was interesting. We completed those push jerks pretty much in sets of 10 reps throughout the workout. We were able to maintain that pace. On the t2b's we started with the same plan. At some point we had to start breaking them up. Core was on fire and shoulders also got burned in the process. It was funny that first 4-5 reps on the jerks were rather easy but on the last 5+ reps the feeling escalated rapidly. Combined the hang on the bar plus pushing the bar put a lot of burden on shoulders.





Gymnastics.
  • Handstand practice
Since we were already in a perfect place to train, I decided to give it a shot and practice my handstand skills. I'm pretty satisfied on how it went. It is so rare that I throw myself upside down (if you don't count hspu's in) that it's very promising that I can stay in this position for some time, and also move forward even though it happens on a very slow pace. Confidence has boosted on this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment