Friday, July 24, 2020

Thursday 23.7: Row and burpees

Thursday. Wod, 10 rounds of: 20 cal row, 12 burpees. Time, 21min.

Woke up in the morning with the twins. Normal stuff but for some reason this time I was like being hit by a truck. Energy levels were at 0% and it was destined to become a rest day. Yesterday after training with Toni at Crossfit Kehä my in-laws came by because we were about to do some yard work with Kari, father-in-law. I threw shovel and axe throughout the day and was exhausted after getting to bed in the evening. It was pretty much work from morning to evening, either at the gym or at back yard. However, I got a chance for a nap and utilized that oppportunity. After I woke up, I was like a new man, and ready to anything. Took care of the little ones for couple of hours and in the evening stepped outdoors for a workout.





Wod. Time, 21 minutes
  • 10 rounds of:
  • 20 cal row
  • 12 burpees
Seemed like a good idea to focus on conditioning today.  I wrote this as a 20min amrap of those movements with the same rep scheme. But as the workout proceeded I figured to finish all 10 rounds to get some more action in the books.





It was very steady pace from first to last round. Kind of odd but the round times were mostly between 2:03 - 2:07. One round was 2:01 and one 2:11. My screen on the rower was set at the calories so I'm not sure at what my pace was during the workout but at some point I checked that it showed 1:50 pace per 500m.


On the burpees I just paced myself and kept moving. It was a simple workout. Right after rowing, walked to the gym matt and started moving. And after the last burpee, walked to the rower and began pulling the handle. That's why the round times were so close to each other. No need for extra breaks or rest periods.






No comments:

Post a Comment