Sunday, September 27, 2015

Saturday 26.9: Mu's, Hspu, Kb, Du's

Saturday. Metcon, 10rds of: 2 mu, 4 hspu, 8 kb swing (28kg). Time, 14.14. Skills, du's.

Didn't have time to write this post yesterday as we went to celebrate birthdays to the town with family. What a night, good times! At Saturday noon we went to the gym with Pauliina and Jasper. We hadn't even matched our schedules with Jazz but he entered the space when we were going through our warm-ups. Muscle-ups were the name of the game.

1.000g ribs for evening snack


Metcon. Time 14.14. Compare to 12.4.2015
  • 10 rounds of:
  • 2 ring muscle-up
  • 4 handstand push-up
  • 8 kettlebell swing, 28kg
My back was sore as hell from the deadlifts on Thursday. That was the reason I thought about postponing this Nate-type workout to later days. I took couple of swing with the bell and it felt alright so I decided to take a shot at it.

This workout is definitely all about muscle-ups normally. Hspu's are at a certain level so completing 4 reps per round is not that bad. Those were the easiest part of the workout. It's always exciting to do muscle-ups, especially in a metcon. It's totally different to do mu's fresh compared to when you're tired from all the workload.



Today those muscle-ups went great. Had no issues with them in any of the rounds. Surely, they needed to be addressed with severity. I didn't just jump on the rings right away after swings and knocked them through. My plan was to do each round as fast as possible. 2 mu's, then straight at the wall for hspu's, and then couple of meters walk to the kettlebell, and started swinging right away. After kb's I took a break to release the tension in my shoulders because I was going to do all the mu's unbroken. No other option in this one.

I'm very happy on how the muscle-ups went. Solid reps. They got a lot tougher towards the end, no doubt. Hspu's were easy in the beginning, then the latter half got to breathing and kept the intensity high. Kettlebell swings were nightmarish. Normally I would consider them a lot lighter than they were this time.

The pain in my back was infernal. It was okay for couple of rounds but somewhere around 4th round it got bad. Round by round it was nastier, and I'm telling you I could not have continued for another round. Lower back was burning, and it took 10 minutes after workout to get rid of the pain. It didn't matter if I was walking or bending my back or anything else, it hurt. I'm very happy on how I performed on this workout. Plan was strict and I stuck to it. Getting through 10 rounds at 14 minutes creates faith to knock a PR on benchmark workout Nate when doing an amrap of 20 minutes of the same rep scheme!


Skills.
  • Double unders
Got to practice this one. I'm not on the level of skills I used to be, so I'll make a comeback to dominating double unders. There was a time I went through 100 unbroken reps and then little by little cut off the training of du's so currently there are too much tripping over the jump rope. We went you go I go style with Pauliina who has created some sick skills on the jump rope! Very proud of my wife's ability to learn new skills just like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment