Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday 8.9: Jerk, Ghd, Sdhp, Burpee

Tuesday. Metcon, 10min amrap of: 20 jerk (2x15kg db's), 20 ghd. Result, 203 reps. Metcon, 10min amrap of: 10 sdhp (40kg), 10 burpee. Result, 144 reps.

My plan for this early week was to take it easy on Monday, just focusing on upper body stuff. Tuesday's about conditioning. Wednesday's agenda is strength and oly. Thursday is gonna be posterior chain and conditioning. Friday has two options. Either a hero workout or snatch / squat session. Depending on my training buddy.



Metcon. Result, 203 reps (5 rounds + 3 s2o)
  • 10min amrap of:
  • 20 shoulder-to-overhead, 2x15kg dumbbells
  • 20 ghd sit-ups
Haven't seen this many people at the gym this far. They opened during Easter this year and little by little the place has gotten crowded at times. The word is out there that this place is a good one, I guess. Today I was a little worried as all the barbells were taken so I had to modify my plans. Had I done strength, it would have probably been okay to share a squat rack but for metcon you got to own the barbell.

These two metcons were supposed to be the other way around but it didn't matter. I subbed bar to dumbbells which worked as well, didn't matter. This brought a good burn on the shoulders and core. I got 5 full rounds and couple jerks in addition to that. First 3 rounds were unbroken on the jerks, then it was 12-8 and 13-7 on the remaining two rounds.

Ghd's were unbroken each round. Even though they got tougher, there was no doubt of hitting them unbroken. They definitely started to feel in my core at some point but this is somewhat a strength of mine. Good metcon!



Metcon. Result, 144 reps (7 rounds + 4 sdhp)
  • 10min amrap of:
  • 10 sumo deadlift high-pull, 40kg
  • 10 burpee
Had to go upstairs because all the people. It was a good call as they had 3 additional barbells. This metcon was not going to be done without a bar. It's been ages since doing sumo deadlift high pulls last time. Really, it's been months or over a year, no idea when. But I liked it! Felt rather natural on this one and the bar didn't bounce back and forth but stayed in my control all the way.



This workout freaked me out. Especially after the first one. I realized this is going to hurt. My shoulders got hurt (only muscle hurt though) on the first one so there was a chance this is not going to be fun at all. Both elements forced heart rate up, and I got them unbroken each round. Burpees were nastier. This got me better than the first workout. Had to walk away the pain after 10 minutes was up.




No comments:

Post a Comment