Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday 29.9: Squat, Hspu, Pull-up, Box

Tuesday. Squat triples (up to 143kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 10 hspu, 15 pull-up, 20 box. Time, 12.44

Nice! Today back was alright and it was great to get some squats in the system. Legs felt strong today and I got some heavy loads up as planned. Metcon's main idea was to get pull-ups done. The rest was a good bonus.



Strength.

  • Back squat triples (100, 115, 130, 140, 142, 143kg)
My max triple in my life has been 140 kilos. Okay I got it up some weeks ago and it felt like there's more room to lift heavier weights. Today I redeemed those promises in my head. I did the first three of these sets pretty much touch'n'go, even at 130kg. That was sick to pump it up and down just like that. Wasn't heavy at all.

The last three sets were obviously a lot tougher but I'm still very positive surprised how well those loads moved around. 142kg was some sort of PR because I have never lifted that heavy triple. Decided to put one more kilo to add the stakes. The last rep of that set was a huge battle. It was probably a 5-sec ascend from the bottom. I remember when doing it live, it felt like an eternity as it almost stopped at some point for a while.



Metcon. Time, 12.44
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 20 box jumps

Main reason for this workout were pull-ups. Needed to get those done. And it turned out to the be the nastiest element of this one. Hspu's were unbroken but they also got more challenging in the 4th and 5th round. Could have done maybe 1-2 rounds more unbroken with the same pacing. Felt solid on those. Didn't rush through but went on Rich Froning - style. Pace yourself, rest at the top if needed, then solidly hit the reps with constant movement.



Pull-ups were unbroken for 1-2 rounds, then I cut it to 10-5 for the remaining rounds. My hands felt like they are going to get ripped in the first round so I needed to use gloves this time. Those prevented the rips well.

Box jumps are my thing. They are some sort of strength of mine. My back started to give notice at mid-workout so the last 2 rounds were not pleasant. These 5 rounds were enough to get a good sweat on and good intensity.



No comments:

Post a Comment