Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday 1.9: Jerks, Pistols, T2b's

Tuesday. Metcon, 15min amrap of: 15 s2o (70kg), 15 pistols, 15 t2b. Result, 146 reps.

Today's agenda was inspired by the partner workout we did with Toni last Friday. I decided to go after a similar one, this one by myself. It was a tough one. My body felt like someone had hit it with a baseball bat. My back is sore, maybe from the dumbbell snatches. Hamstrings and butt cheeks are also beaten up from the squats. That was the starting point for this session.



Metcon. Result, 146 reps (3 rounds + 11 shoulder-to-overhead)
  • 15min amrap of:
  • 15 shoulder-to-overhead, 70kg
  • 15 pistol squat
  • 15 toes-to-bar
Foam rolling, mobility and mental check, and I was ready to hit it! Jerks were the ones I was mostly a bit nervous about but then, I remembered how it felt last Friday to throw the barbell around. That really was a mental thing. I took sets at 40, 60 and 70 kilos for couple of reps, then walked around the gym anxiously before tapping the timer on on my cell phone.

It was a 15min work domain, 15 reps per each movement on each round. Jerks were 70kg so it was pretty obvious these were not written to be unbroken. I have probably not done more than 5 reps at this weight ever. Just haven't had it in my program ever. If it has been a big set of jerks, it's been at 60kg or less. So this was a lot of "fun" to do a bit different type of overhead strength.



On the first round I went 8-4-3 on the jerks. That made me feel like a king. 8x70kg was super. That wasn't a max load obviously. No point in burning shoulders on the very first set =) Ten reps would definitely go up. It took me 1:30 to finish these jerks. Second and third round was 6-3-3-3 reps. And the last one which I didn't finish during the time frame was 6-3-2 reps to reach a total of 11 reps.

Pistol squats are rather easy with the left leg but right leg ones are a lot tougher. Might be something to do with ankle mobility. I have sometimes written in the past that it is probably because of the history as a floorball goal keeper. My basic positioning when playing, forced my left ankle to stretch a lot more than the right one.

T2b's were unbroken on the first round, then I believe they were broken as 10-5 reps. This was the easiest part of the metcon. But it had its own spice in the mix for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment