Monday, September 21, 2020

Friday 11.9: Back squats

Friday. Back squats, 7x10 @ 90kg.

This was the third Friday in a row going for this squat progression. I'm kind of happy I have been able to smash those squats consistently.




Strength.
  • Back squats
  • 7x10 @ 90kg
I began these squats with 7x10 @ 80kg, then adding 5kg per week so it's been 85kg last week and 90kg today. I thought my body would become used to hitting high rep squat sets and my butt, hamstrings and quads would not be out of order for days after that. But little did I know. Lower body has been smashed for two days afterwards, after each of these three sessions. I have kept some pace on these squats so that the recovery time is not several minutes. These have been rather quick squat sessions. I have climbed to somewhere around 120kg prior to first work set. It has felt great this far to squat with a purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment