Sunday, September 27, 2020

Sunday 13.9: Row, Du, Pull-ups

Sunday. Buy-in 1.000m row, then 10 rounds of: 30 du and 15 pull-ups. Time, 16.34

As if I didn't get enough of rowing yesterday I needed some more. The real point behind that 1k row to start the workout was to get my heart rate up and body better prepped for the workout. We went to the Woods in the morning with family. We love to jump in the car and head to one of the neraby forests to wander around. Lots of things to awe with the kids.


Workout. Time, 16.34
  • Buy in with 1.000m row, then 10 rounds of:
  • 30 double unders
  • 15 pull-ups
So okay, the 1k row was the real warm-up with 1.55 / 500m pace. Plus it of course may have brought some tension in the forearms prior to the pull-ups. Yes only 1k distance but I'm thinking going for 150 pull-ups so it would be ideal to have fresh forearms to start with.


I'm happy on how those double unders are going nowadays. Went unbroken as I have gone mostly in the past weeks / months. On the pull-ups I could have gone ub for some rounds but my goal was to optimize this so after first round I changed the plan. Might sound funny but I did 12 + 3 reps every round after that. Why not complete 10 + 5 or split it in half? That's mental stuff to me. I knew I could keep going for 12 reps every round and then I'd have only 3 reps left to complete. Leaving 5 or more reps for the second attempt would lead to bigger recovery periods for me. Now it was easier mentally to drop, turn and complete the remaining reps.




No comments:

Post a Comment