Saturday, September 5, 2020

Monday 24.8: Deads, Du, Reverse lunges

Monday. Wod, 8 deadlifts @ 110-140kg, 50 Du, 14 reverse lunges @2x25kg db's.

I did one workout some time ago with deadlifts and that was freaking awesome. I tweaked my back couple of months ago probably in a deadlift strength session and that taught me to be a bit afraid to pull heavy. I never had any issues during that past session but the next day (and months) were painful. So that's why I haven't been writing any deadlifts in my wods this summer. But the previous deadlift workout was promising and back felt great and strong on that one. That's why I dared to hit some pulls again.





Workout.
  • 8 deadlifts @ 110kg
  • 50 double unders
  • 14 reverse lunges @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • 8 deadlifts @ 120kg
  • 50 double unders
  • 14 reverse lunges @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • 8 deadlifts @ 130kg
  • 50 double unders
  • 14 reverse lunges @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • 8 deadlifts @ 140kg
  • 50 double unders
  • 14 reverse lunges @ 2x25kg dumbbells
There was no clock running on this one. I just completed and aimed to focus on quality. That means to say I just focused on those pulls and to hit those double unders unbroken if possible. Usually you see me knocking double unders for sets of something between 20 and 30 reps. This movement is definitely not an active rest period during workouts as I have read it is for some top athletes. My movement is not efficient and economic so that taxes me too much. I jump too high and my shoulders get fatigue.


 

On the deadlifts the bar itself wasn't an issue. My pulls have always been strong. I mean relatively strong compared to my other lifts. This time for some unknown reason it felt like in pretty much every lift came up somehow tilted. Left side came first and then right. Little of course but so that I noticed it. I took each 8 rep set as 8 single lifts. On the last set I decided to get only 5 reps because that tilting started to feel odd. Lunges were there just to bring more pressure on the posterior chain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment