Saturday, September 5, 2020

Friday 28.8: Back squats

Friday. Back squats 7x10 reps @ 80kg

My body feels actually quite okay and no bigger issues anywhere inthe body. Knee is okay, and has been for some time so there's no excuses left to squat. No but for real, I like to squat and have been missing it for quite some time.




Strength.
  • Back squat 7 x 10 reps @ 80kg
Because I haven't squatted much it's obvious there's no point in going for 1 rep max type of squats. One day I was listening to a podcast by Barbell Shrugged guys talking about different type of squat programs and what's useful to what kind of purposes. They seemed to be of the same opinion that doing singles, triples or alike are okay for a crossfitter to get some ego boost and build self-confidence but when you think how well that transfers to workouts and metcons, it's not self-evident.

On the other hand, when you have a barbell in front rack or back rack and you complete 21-15-9 type of workouts, it's more beneficial that you are used to doing heavy loads for long sets. Long story short, I decided to give it a shot - taking that my knee stays good - on this kind of squat progression. Sets of 10 reps, starting with lighter barbell, then adding some weight during the process. I'm not good in these progressions at my home gym. Usually I ditch them quite early on and I like to train by feeling instead. This is something I'd like to see myself completing for a longer period of time though.


No comments:

Post a Comment