Saturday, September 5, 2020

Tuesday 25.8: Pull-ups, Snatch, Squat

Tuesday. Wod, 4 rounds of: 20 pull-ups, 20 db snatch  @25kg db, 20 db squat @ 25kg. Time, 13.15.

It's Tuesday so it was time to bring Emma to her dance hobby. It takes about 45 minutes so that means to say there's plenty of time to hit one workout in the meanwhile. They won't let parents participate nor watch her dance so I went outdoors to train. I had one other dad with me for this training session. I took both of my 25kg dumbbells with me, one for each of us. After Emma and I were done on our training, we went to cheer my brother's oldest daughter in her long jump competition at Klaukkala's track and field.


Workout. Time, 13.15
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 20 pull-ups
  • 20 db snatch @ 25kg
  • 20 db squat @ 25kg
I wrote this 1-2 days prior to this session. It popped in my head from somewhere. Doing 20 pull-ups unbroken in a workout is rough. No matter what you accompany the pull-ups with. This time it was snatches and squats with a dumbbell in front rack position.


I went ub on those pull-ups for maybe two rounds. I believe the third round was 14-6, and the last one something similar. Maybe smaller sets there. Those definitely hurt my hands / grip and it was not a pleasant idea to put my hands immediately on the dumbbell. Had to shook my hands and then take those dumbbells for a walk. I completed 10 reps with right hand, then another 10 rep set with left hand.

This definitely was an ugly workout. The combination was great. Upper body and pulling was on test, and those squats started to burn my legs every time somewhere around 14 reps. Decision was made to go unbroken no matter how bad it would suck.



No comments:

Post a Comment