Sunday, September 27, 2020

Monday 14.9: Row, burpee box

Monday. Wod of rowing and burpee box jumps. Time, 17.10

Yep, it's been a rowing fiesta that just continues to keep on going strong. It's been long time since utilising my box jump station so it was awesome to put that in to use. It was a busy start to the week so this workout made it a lot better. Even though it ate a bit of my soul and left me on my knees afterwards.


Workout. Time, 17.10
  • 50 cal row
  • 25 burpee box jumps
  • 40 cal row
  • 20 burpee box jumps
  • 30 cal row
  • 15 burpee box jumps
  • 20 cal row
  • 10 burpee box jumps
  • 10 cal row
  • 5 burpee box jumps
It would be great to know my pacing on the rowing but to be honest I have no idea whatsoever, not on any of the rounds. It has usually been somewhere around 1.50 - 1.55 during workouts. I kind of like this kind of programming in workouts. Big chunk of action in the beginning and then you slice something away every round. It's mentally much more rewarding to do the reps compared to if it was rising or there were identical reps each round but they were big sets.

Burpee box jumps are divine. Nasty mofo for real. I don't know what strategy you need on these, just keep moving. Pace yourself and try to control the breathing. I noticed my legs were hot as hell on pretty much every set towards the end. These were even more challenging than I dared to think beforehand. But as always, you just push through and continue to chip down the reps.


No comments:

Post a Comment