Sunday, May 3, 2020

Friday 1.5: Cleans, pull-ups, deadlifts, push-ups

Friday. Cleans, pullups, deadlifts and push-ups.

It was great to have some more time than usually. Normally it's around 20-30 minutes that I have to myself so it's natural that it's only one quick piece to get going. Now all schedules looked good and family allowed me to have some quality time on my own.



Oly lifting. Link to the cleans
  • Build up to a heavy single on squat clean
  • 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 105, 110kg

I carried one gym matt on the home road where I can do more barbell work by going touch'n'go from the floot. Plus it's okay to drop the barbell at this spot. It takes some +7 minutes to set up the place and another +7min to carry everything back to the gym so that's not going to happen on a regular day as they tend to be busy. Work days and weekends are both busy as hell :)

I'm very pleased on these cleans to be honest. Haven't gone very heavy lately so hitting 94% of my all time 1 rep max is totally worth celebrating. Plus it was a good lift so all good.



Wod
  • 5 ub squat clean @ 90kg
  • 15 pullups
  • 4 ub squat clean @ 90kg
  • 15 pullups
  • 3 ub squat clean @ 90kg
  • 15 pullups
  • 2 ub squat clean @ 90kg
  • 15 pullups
  • 1 ub squat clean @ 90kg
  • 15 pullups
Perfect workout after this. Going tng heavy squat cleans felt awesome. The last clean was always heavy so the weight was accurately measured. Pull-ups were also unbroken. Great combination if you ask me. I did not have a clock running on this one. My main goal was to hit both elements unbroken and I got that. Other than that, I didn't waste any time just loitering around.



  • Deadlift 4x8 @ 145kg

This was a continuation to last weekend's pulls. That time I took 4x8 @ 140kg so it was a natural progression to add 5kg on the barbell. After all those other pulls (cleans and pull-ups) these weren't that light but I got them still without problems, and with good form. Let's see but I expect to go after heavier pulls in the near future as well. Maybe on this progression, just adding little weight on the bar as we go.



Accessories
  • Push-ups 100 reps

Because all the above mentioned were pulls in some way I just needed to get some push movements so this was an easy choice. Just go for 100 reps and go by feeling. Started with 30 reps, then shook some hands and basically took something like 10's mostly after that.








No comments:

Post a Comment