Sunday, May 3, 2020

Saturday 2.5: Hspu, Burpee box and running + Handstand

Saturday. Wod, 6 rounds of handstand push-ups, burpee box jumps and running. Handstand practice

Main session was a rather quick one as one of the daughters needed to get to a playground. So daddy took his 30 minutes and it turned out to be a bodyweight combination.



Wod.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 12 handstand push-ups
  • 12 burpee box jumps
  • 400m run
It's great that I know my body and I know I can do this kind of work without warm-up. That's not an optimal decision for sure. But I'll take that any day if the other choice is not to train at all. I do rounitely couple of minutes mobilizing before doing anything. Then after that I needed to just start doing. I wrote this on the spot and the idea was to adjust the rep scheme so that I can do them without having to break the reps up.


Hspu's were surprisingly smooth, and maybe came easier after the first round as muscles warmed up a bit. Burpee box jumps brought fatigue on my body. No idea on the running. Felt kind of heavy all the way but still quite steady pace from start to end.



Gymnastics. Link to hs practice
  • Handstand
In the afternoon I took all the kids outside and we played a little with the oldest one. She told me to practice on my handstand skills. It's been ages since last time doing that. She also wanted to do her part so we took turns with her. I'm happy it wasn't all bad considering I don't even remember when was the last time I tried to walk on my hands

No comments:

Post a Comment