Sunday, May 10, 2020

Saturday 9.5: DB carry, Air squat, Push-ups

Saturday. Wod of dumbbell carries, air squats and push-ups

My system felt overloaded in the morning and a rest day was looming ahead. It's been a while since I had a recovery day. Aftet korona it's been pretty much training every day but the volume has been decent so body has felt good. However, my boss was in town and ready for action so I grabbed the dumbbells and we hit a workout outdoors in the park.



Wod.
  • Amrap 20 minutes
  • 100m dumbbell carries (25kg front rack + 15kg overhead)
  • 30 air squats
  • 100m dumbbell carries (25kg front rack + 15kg overhead)
  • 30 push-ups
This was brutal to be honest. My shoulders are sore as I'm writing this text Sunday evening. The carries did their job. 25kg dumbbell always in the front rack position, and a 15kg dumbbell overhead. Dont' know which one felt more awkward. My overhead position has never been the best and most stable so it definitely took its toll. Plus the big db laying there on my shoulder felt odd the whole time. And made my left bicep a bit numb.

Feelings after the wod


Squats were the easiest piece. There could have been more and it would have brought some more recovery time for those carries. Push-ups sealed the deal on my shoulders. Damn those hurt. And it was difficult to get those dumbbells going right away. But I had a partner there fighting this one with me and we pushed each other forward. Great workout to say the least.







No comments:

Post a Comment