Saturday, May 16, 2020

Friday 15.5: Running and burpees

Friday. Wod, 3 rounds of: 800m run and 50 burpees

The week had been very busy throughout the week. My work schedule looked like it's a hassle from morning until evening, and trying to take care of my family and kids during the process. I managed to squeeze in those short training slots however. My phone broke yesterday so I can't remember what my training sessions looked like during the week. Once I get that working again, I might log them down here.




Wod.
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 800m run
  • 50 burpees
This was interesting. I don't know what kind of a person writes himself this kind of a workout. I took short dynamic stretches and mobilizing the joints on my lower body. Then went running for approximately 800m around the block. Fifty burpees is a good intense workout on itself but going for 3 rounds of it, accompanied with running, is not cool. I paced myself on these. Dropped down and up for 25 reps, walked to the other end of my garage gym, faced the other way and chipped away another 25 reps.

Continue for a total of 3 rounds. Had I tried to pump those first 50 reps as fasta as possible, I assume fatigue would have hit but on this one I was able to keep the pace steady from beginning to the end. That was a pleasant surprise for sure. I was sure that the last round would be very sticky but it went solid.


No comments:

Post a Comment