Sunday, May 10, 2020

Thursday 7.5: Hspu, Squat, Box

Thursday. Emom x 20 min of: Hspu, Back squat @ 90kg, Box jumps

Had a good feeling about knocking some shoulders and legs in a rougher manner. At least this bit me.



Wod.
  • Emom x 20
  • 1st min: handstand push-ups (20, 17, 15, 13, 15 reps)
  • 2nd min: 7 back squats @ 90kg
  • 3rd min: 22 box jumps
  • 4th min: recovery
I had no plan what rep scheme this would look like as I put the timer on and started doing this. In the beginning I did 20 hspu's which is quite a number to go unbroken for me. That was definitely optimistic as usually I like to hit it good in the beginning and then just try to hold on to that number. This time it wasn't realistic. It dropped a bit each round except the last one.

Back squats were cool as seven reps at this weight in emom style has not been tested before. Liked it a lot. Box jumps got heavy'ish. It's kind of funny to see that box jumps feel a lot heavier nowadays compared to how they used to feel like. I don't do that much of this specific movement so maybe my body is just not that used to that. Great workout.


















No comments:

Post a Comment