Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tuesday 5.5: Bar muscle-ups

Tuesday. Gymnastics / Bar muscle-ups

Lower body got even more sore after squats compared to how they felt after Sunday's lunges. Lots of magnesium has been consumed to recover. It was a busy day so I got my short chance to train something in the evening. Some gymnastics to close the day.



Gymnastics.
  • 10 x 3 bar muscle-ups
This movement is something I work on mostly from spring to fall. That is due to whether conditions. I don't go to a crossfit box regularly (except the last winter) and I don't find it tempting to grab a pull-up bar during winter when it's minus degrees out here in Finland. I do my bar mu's with bare hands + grips only so there's not a glove option during winters.




This spring I've done muscle-ups maybe twice so it was great to go for 30 reps total. And it was a very pleasant surprise to see my hands not get torn in the process. Usually pretty quick after 20 reps there are some rips and cuts in my palms / fingers. These rolled nicely in that sense too.






No comments:

Post a Comment