Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday 16.5: Dumbbells and wall balls

Saturday. Wod, 7 rounds of DB deads, DB cleans and Wall balls

Thursday's massive amount of hang cleans took its toll on my forearms. Felt like they got smashed and were numb the following day. That's why I went with the running / burpee fiesta. However, this weekend they felt good again so that was a good and quick recovery.




Wod.
  • 7 rounds of:
  • 15 deadlift @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • 10 cleans @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • 20 wall balls
It's a totally different thing to do movements like deads, cleans and overhead work with a barbell compared to dumbbells or kettlebells. It's good to do kb/db one-handed for unilateral work and also two-handed for a different kinf of stimulus. The weights can not be compared to barbell weights.

This got to my breathing mostly. Deadlifts were okay even though they got to my posterior chain. Hang cleans are nasty with those 25's. Huh, they weigh quite a lot on those cleans, gets on my grip and boosts the breathing. Once I get rid of them, it's not the most tempting thing to grab a wall ball right away. I have no idea how much this took as my phone is broke and couldn't see a timer. My original plan was to do this for a 20 minute amrap.



No comments:

Post a Comment