Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday 27.5: Hero wod JT, Burpees

Wednesday. Hero wod JT. Time 9.30. Wod, 50 burpees

I usually work out during lunch break to get a little getaway from hectic work days. It's a perfect way to "relax" if you can say that of crossfit workouts. Today was an exception. Schedule was too tight and couldn't find even a short slot so I went to the garage gym in the evening. Did some mobility work and went to work. Lots of pressing ahead.





Hero wod JT. Time, 9.30. Compare to 20.9.2014
  • 21-15-9 of:
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Ring dips
  • Push-ups
I've done this at least once years ago. The image I have on this workout is that the upper body pump was real during the workout, and even rougher the following day. Let's see what the consequences are tomorrow but at least during those 10 minutes my shoulders went numb so that feeling was quite similar as the 2014 version.

I went unbroken on the first set of handstand push-ups. It immediately went to my shoulders and it was challenging to hit the rings right away. I did them something like 8-8-5. It surprised me this time as much as last time that the push-ups are not a walk in the park on this workout. Those felt very awkward, and I believe I got 7 reps on the first try. Felt super strong haha, nooot.

Next round of hspu's went by in about 3 sets, ring dips went in couple of sets, and same logic on the push-ups. Last round was mentally easier as there were only 9 reps per movement, even though those were not  easy. Finally the clock stopped at 9.30 which was a personal record (PR) Nice to see I'm still able to reach those levels of fitness. At least occasionally



Wod.
  • 50 burpees
If you compare JT time to previous post on the same workout in 2014, you can see I did 50 burpees for time after JT. Today I decided to contribute to the same idea after this push workout. This time I didn't have a timer rolling, I just went. Didn't have to have rest periods. I still took this a bit more conservative






No comments:

Post a Comment