Saturday, May 16, 2020

Thursday 14.5: Row, clean, push-ups

Thursday. Wod, 5 rounds of: rowing, hang cleans and push-ups

This was something I copy pasted directly from my pal Ponyschannel. He decided to overcome corona by renting a concept2 rower and naturally took it right away for a test drive with this workout.



Wod. Time, +18min
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 15 hang power cleans @ 60kg
  • 20 push-ups
For the warm up I did my basic couple minute dynamic stretch / mobility session and built up to a triple clean @ 80kg. Then jumped on the rower and relied that the first 500 meters would help my body get used to a heavier heart rate and get the bdy pumping.

Rowing was probably somewhere around 1.50. Maybe 1.55 towards the end. It was obvious this workout would be all about the cleans. I went unbroken on the first round. It was tough but manageably. I realised though that it would be a suicide to try that trick on the next round too. Broke the rounds of 2, 3 and 4 to 10-11 reps on the first try and then finishing the set with the remaining 4-5 reps. Last round was a battle of wills and I managed to push through the set unbroken.

Push-ups were the easiest part of this one. I don't want to underestimate the suck of push-ups but there were only 20 reps. Went 14+6 all the way on these with a quick shake between sets.



No comments:

Post a Comment