Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Tuesday 19.5: Deadlift, Bench

Tuesday. Deadlift 4x8 @ 150kg. Bench 5x5 @ 70kg

Lately I scribbled down a template by which I will do my training. We'll see if I'm gonna follow that plan. Idea is good but having three little kids there might come some surprises and if I can't stick to the plan I'll have to throw it into a trash bin and just work by feeling. Currently it showed it's time to do strength training on Tuesdays.




Strength.
  • Deadlift 4x8 @ 150kg
  • Bench 5x5 @ 70kg
Deadlifts were a continuation to this deadlift progression I've done lately. This was the third piece on this one. All pull days have been based on 4x8 rep scheme. It started @ 140kg, then 145kg, and now 150kg. Barbell felt good. There's more in the tank for sure. It's been a good movement for me pretty much always. I took "warm-up" up to 170kg, then dropped down to these working sets.

Bench is something I do very rarely so it just suited well to accompany these heavier pulls. My bench is not strong by any meter. This was very conservative anyway and the goal was just to do some bench, nothing ambitious this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment