Friday, May 22, 2020

Thursday 21.5: Pull-ups, Bench, Strongman work

Thursday. For 5 rds of strict pull-ups and bench. Strongman work in the park. Accessory work with dumbbells.

Yesterday was a recovery day which surprised myself a bit. That's what I had written but the fact that I stuck to that was cool. My back felt awkward after Tuesday's deadlifts so that rest day came to need. Today's focus was on upper body strength.



Wod.
  • 5 rounds not for time of:
  • 12 strict pull-ups
  • 15 bench press @ 60kg
It's not that common that I go after strict pull-ups. The movement feels odd to me somehow. No problem pulling myself up but as I come down it's very difficult for me to find a rhythm and speed on this movement. It basically takes me seconds in the dead hang position down there. That taxes me a lot. I did maybe half of these reps with normal pull-up grip, and the other half as chin-ups. Bench presses were completed as 10+5 reps.




Strongman work.
  • Farmer's walk for 600m @ 2x25kg dumbbells
  • Front rack carry for 400m @ 2x25kg dumbbells
Took my dumbbells for a walk in the park. These bigger guys are 25kg bells. I just started carrying them in farmer's walk position basically without any idea how this would turn out to. I walked about 100m one way, then dropped them, tried to regain my grip strength and headed back home. Took 3 trips back and forth as farmer's walk. Then I decided to lift them to front rack position and took 2 more trips to reach a total 1.000 meters. Those dumbbells really started to burn my grip on the first carry and then shoulders too on the second style.


Accessory.
  • 4 sets of:
  • 12+12 strict press @ 15kg dumbbell
  • 10 bicep curls @ 2x15kg dumbbells
Just some meathead action to finish the session as I was in no hurry whatsoever at that time. So I decided to enjoy the moment and do something. Strict presses and curls. Went on by feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment