Sunday, May 10, 2020

Friday 8.5: Row, Pull-ups, Ring dips

Friday. Metcon of rowing, pull-ups and ring dips

Work schedule looked worrysome so I had only one option. To hit a workout at 8.00 AM. That's basically too early for me. Okay, I usually throw down around 10-11 but still this was drastic. Options were to hit a back squat progression or a metcon. It felt like my lower body would not have been ready for strength so I took the other route.



Wod. Time, 24.45
  • 2.000m row
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 15 ring dips
  • 1.000m row
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 15 ring dips
  • 500m row
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 15 ring dips

I started this pretty much right away. Luckily it started with rowing so there was enough time for body to get warmed up. I was a bit anxious how those pull-ups would feel like. First round would probably go well but how about the latter rounds. Went probably 20-6-4 every round so I'm happy with that effort.



Ring dips were 11-4 on the first rounds and then I had to break it more. It was a sticky last set. Something like 5-3-3-2-2. As this felt a bit scary workout early in the morning, I'm very happy on how it turned out to be like. I wrote it the night earlier. It always seems in the evenings that every wod is doable. Then you wake up at 6.00 am and the feeling might be a notch different





No comments:

Post a Comment