Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday 23.5: Pull-ups, Run, Ring dips + Handstand

Saturday. Wod, 3 rounds of: 30 pull-ups, 400m run, 30 ring dips, 400m run. Skills: handstand

My lower back is still nagging from Tuesday's deadlifts. I've had to think how my body feels in different movements and adjust the training accordingly. I would have wanted to squat already but that has not felt the right thing to do right now.




Wod.
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 400m run
  • 30 ring dips
  • 400m run
This was a great victory. Quite nasty workout in my opinion. Well, of course it all comes down to game plan. My goal was to hit the first set of pull-ups unbroken and see how it feels and that should determine how the following rounds could be like. It turned out that I knocked each round of pull-ups unbroken. That must be the first ever doing this many sets of around 30 pull-ups in a wod.

Ring dips were tougher, and that was no surprise. On the first round I did 15+5+5+5 and felt like I had it in my control. Second round saw some vulnerability and I went 12+4+4+3+3+2+2, and the last was most likely 12+3+3+3+2+2+2+1+1+1. That means to say my shoulders and triceps got shot pretty well but I got the pump on the workout and was able to keep the heart rate up.

In addition to this main workout, I did some handstand practice in the morning while playing with the kids. And same in the afternoon as we went for a bicycle ride with the whole gang to Klaukkala's track and field. Found a perfect place to try walking on my hands. It was inspiring to see that I'm still able to do these things even though I don't practice them basically at all nowadays. Very occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment