Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Monday 4.5: Back squats

Monday. Back squats 10-8-6-4-2 (110 - 130kg)

My legs felt smashed after Sunday's reverse lunges with dumbbells. Quads and butt cheeks hurt so I was a bit hesitant to hit lower body but I had a fixation to focus on squats so that's what the menu looked like to start the week.




Strength.
  • Back squats
  • 10 @ 110kg
  • 8 @ 115kg
  • 6 @ 120kg
  • 4 @ 125kg
  • 2 @ 130kg
This was the fourth time I did this rep scheme with increasing weights. On the first time it started at 10 x 100kg, then added 5kg on the weight and dropped 2 reps per set. Second time I started at 123kg, third time at 126kg. I believe this was the last time on this squat progression so I wanted to do these between 110kg and 130kg. I have another progression on my mind.





This type of structure is quite rough as those 10 and 8 reps are heavy as f*ck to begin with. The last set or last two sets are the easiest. It feels somehow funny. Fatigue hits early but then it gets better and somehow easier/lighter towards the end. I feel good about these sets all the way, and could have gone this way up for maybe 5kg, optimally 10kg, don't know.

I'm thinking next about 6-4-2 type squat waves that I did earlier this year. Those really felt great and I saw some development in my strength levels.



No comments:

Post a Comment